Nikon Prostaff Scope Review (3-9×40 Riflescope)
When it comes to hunting and shooting targets the most important thing is the scope that you have. Sure the rife itself makes a big difference, but without a scope the chances of hitting your target are slim to none, especially when it is a long range shot.
That is why we are here today, to discuss what we feel is one of the best long range rifle scopes, here is our Nikon Prostaff 3-9×40 riflescope review.
Features of the Nikon Prostaff 3-9×40 Riflescope
- The Nikon ProStaff has great high quality and high definition glass to ensure maximum clarity and sighting ability. Edge to edge sharpness is a key feature of this scope and makes for a fantastic shooting experience.
- This scope has great magnification qualities and is able to zoom in from between 3 times to 9 times to make for a very versatile shooting range. It also has a 40 mm objective lens which means that the shooter has an extremely wide field of view.
- The Nikon Prostaff has a fully multicoated optical system with specialized lenses that ensure maximum color clarity and light transmission. Over 98 percent of light penetrates from the front of the scope to the back to provide for optimal lighting conditions when aiming down the scope.
- The zero reset turret and the spring loaded adjustment knob makes aiming easy and quick with no need for tools to make adjustments. Windage and elevation adjustments are extremely easy to make thanks to the easy to adjust feature.
- The 3.6 inch eye relief makes shooting very easy and safe. The scope won’t hit your eyes when the rifle recoils and the relief keeps the sun out of your eyes to make hitting your target as easy as can be.
- The BDC reticle makes it very easy to aim and makes shooting quicker than ever. The quick focus eye piece lets you aim faster than with any other scope.
- The inside of the scope has been sealed airtight and purged with nitrogen to make sure that it is both water proof and fog proof too; water and fog can ruin a scope and ruin your shooting experience, but thanks to the nitrogen purge this is not the case with the Nikon Prostaff.
- The Nikon Prostaff is fantastic for low light and night time shooting thanks to the fact that 98 percent of light gets transmitted through the lenses.
- Shooting in moist or wet conditions such as in the rain is made safe and easy thanks to the nitrogen purge in the scope. This keeps moisture out of the scope even when it’s pouring rain to make sure that your scope doesn’t get water damaged and broken.
- This scope doesn’t get fogged up in humid or hot conditions and your body heat won’t cause fogging either. This is also thanks to the nitrogen purge and O-ringed sealed housing.
- The Nikon Prostaff rifle scope is ideal for short and long range shots thanks to the 3-9 magnification capability.
- Shooting moving targets and quickly finding your target is made easy with the quick focus eye piece and BDC reticle.
- This scope is lightweight and easy to carry around, easy to mount, and easy to adjust as well.
- Very Long range shots are a little difficult with this scope as it only has limited magnification capabilities.
- Does not far very well when shooting on the move as steadiness is required to use this scope.
This is a fantastic scope that any pro hunter should have in their arsenal. The Nikon Prostaff has some really great features like the nitrogen purge and O-ring sealed housing, the 3-9 magnification capabilities, the crystal clear glass, and its easy use. Anybody who buys this scope would definitely be happy, especially considering that it comes in at a very decent price. We hope you have found our Nikon prostaff scope review helpful and that you now know if it’s the right scope for you or not.
Categorised in: Rifles